FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I buy and take home a puppy today? Can you guarantee me a puppy by a specific date?
No. Our puppies are generally reserved well before they’re born, if not before they’re conceived. Depending on your choice of color and gender, your wait time could exceed 6-12 months, and even longer if you reserve a puppy from a particular dog. We are not a puppy mill, we do not have “dogs on the shelf,” nor do we manipulate heat cycles to target particular due dates.
2. Do you sell puppies on a full registration? I want to breed my puppy.
No. Our puppies are sold on an AKC Limited Registration. This is to protect the integrity of our genetics and to ensure our puppies are not subsequently bred to dogs that should not be bred. Breeding should only be done by professionals, for the purpose of improving the breed. If you hope to breed your next puppy, we’re not the breeder for you.
3. If I put down my deposit, but I change my mind for some reason, can I get my deposit back?
No. Our Puppy Deposit and Training Deposits are non-refundable (without exception). NOTE: “Non-refundable deposit” means the deposit cannot and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
4. I want a black female at Thanksgiving. Can you guarantee that I’ll get one?
No. We cannot guarantee a specific color or gender of puppy within a specific timeframe. If you “require” a specific color and gender, it could be several months before we have a litter that produces what you’re looking for.
5. I’ve always heard that Labs should have their dewclaws removed. Can you remove my puppy’s dewclaws if I want you to?
No. We don’t remove dewclaws (or amputate any other body parts). Dewclaws are not just a nail… They’re a digit (like your thumb). The procedure itself is not only unnecessary, but it is also detrimental to the puppy’s health.
6. I’m a famous, rich celebrity/sports star with lots of money and lawyers. Can I break the rules because I’m special?
No. Our policies are in place for very good reasons, and are the result of years of experience with a broad spectrum of people. We choose to do business with nice people, who respect our policies and rules. We do not allow anyone to bully us into selling them a dog, refunding a deposit, or endangering the lives of our dogs. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.