If you make a deposit on a Brooks Labradors LLC puppy, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the terms and conditions of our Guarantee & Purchase Contract (below), which we will sign together before you take your puppy home.
*Should you have any questions about these terms & conditions, please contact Brooks Labradors prior to making a deposit.
BROOKS LABRADORS LLC
Guarantee & Purchase Contract
Based on the known genetics of your puppy’s lineage, he/she is guaranteed by this breeder to be free of genetic Hip Dysplasia, Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA), Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC) and Centronuclear Myopathy (CNM).
The puppy should be taken to a vet of the purchaser’s choice and evaluated for general health within 72 hours of taking possession of the puppy. This post-purchase vet-check is the financial responsibility of the new owner.
The Terms of our Hip and Eye Guarantee are as follows:
– For a Hip claim, the dog must have had their hips X-rayed by the age of 26 months to be covered by this Guarantee. All X-rays must be submitted to the OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) for evaluation by Veterinary Radiologists. Proof of genetic dysplasia from the OFA as well as proof of the animal being spayed or neutered must be presented to Brooks Labradors. Buyer accepts responsibility for not overfeeding the dog (which can also bring about hip dysplasia). Buyer’s initials ___
– For a “Progressive Retinal Atrophy” claim, a licensed Veterinary Ophthalmologist must examine and diagnose the dog. A report from that Ophthalmologist must state the diagnosis (of Progressive Retinal Atrophy) and certify that this is absolutely inheritable in nature and could not have been caused by any injury or illness. This Veterinary Ophthalmologist’s statement as well as proof of the animal being spayed or neutered must be presented to Brooks Labradors. Buyer’s initials ___
Buyer accepts responsibility to not jog with puppy on hard surfaces or allow puppy to jump from heights (i.e. from car or pickup) before 18 months of age. As DJD Grade 1 type elbow dysplasia or unilateral elbow dysplasia can be the result of poor nutrition, improper exercise, injury from jumping or rough playing, no warrantee shall apply for this condition. Buyer’s initials ___
– This Guarantee is not transferable. To make a claim against this Guarantee, the original owner who bought this dog must still own the dog.
– To make a claim against this Guarantee, the dog must not have sired or whelped a litter, and must be returned this breeder with his/her AKC & UKC Paperwork.
– In the event of a legitimate claim against this Guarantee, the puppy will be replaced or the full purchase price of the dog will be fully refunded (at our option).
– Our financial responsibility will be limited to this original purchase price of the puppy or a replacement puppy (at our option). All veterinary bills accumulated by owners are the financial responsibility of the owner.
No guarantee is made for any condition other than Hip Dysplasia, Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA), Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC) and Centronuclear Myopathy (CNM).
*Buyer agrees to enroll their puppy in a basic obedience class as soon as possible. Buyer’s initials ___
The said dog was sold on the ___________ day of ___ _____
Purchase price of puppy/dog: $______________
Litter: Sire: ____________________________ x Dam:_____________________________
Male ____ Female ____ Color: ________
AKC Litter Registration Number: __________________
Registration: AKC Limited registration*
New Owner: ____________________________ Phone number: _____________________
Purchaser’s Signature: ___________________________
Seller’s Signature: ______________________________
Other conditions: *Buyer agrees that this dog is not being sold for the purposes of breeding. Buyer agrees to not breed this dog. *Buyer’s initials: ____
AKC Full Registration is offered for Service Dog Schools, breeders (on a case by case basis), and is considered for those active in the conformation show ring (a different contract applies).